Avery Miler
Avery Miler

WASHINGTON DC — The man who murdered Aryeh Wolf z”l has been spotted in Washington DC, and a police manhunt is underway following a shootout with officers.

On Tuesday at around 6:22 am, police said they received a 9-1-1 call from a woman who saw Avery Miller in the 5300 block of Ames Street, Northeast DC. When officers arrived, Miller shot several rounds at them and fled on foot, according to Metro PD Assistant Chief Leslie Parksons.

Miller ran away from the officers inside a nearby residential building, where he barricaded himself.

Officers established a perimeter around the block to search for Miler. The United State Marshall Service and Bureau of Alcohol, Tabaco, Firearms, and Explosives have joined the investigation.

Details are still sketchy, however according to police the suspect is still at large and not in custody, and the scene remains active.

Miller was last seen wearing all-black clothing with white letters or symbols on the sleeve of his shirt, as well as reflective shoes.

The police department initially tweeted that Miler was barricaded in a residential building but during their press conference, Parksons said authorities established a perimeter that extends “several blocks”.

“We know he is affiliated with this neighborhood, but it’s unclear why he was over here,” Parksons said.

No officers were hit by gunfire. Several local schools were on lockdown due to the manhunt.

Miller has been on the police’s radar for years, yet he’s been allowed to roam free. According to news reports, a warrant for Miller’s arrest has been out since 2018 on multiple theft charges.

On August 10, Aryeh Wolf z”l, a young man with a wife and child, was tragically shot and killed in broad daylight while working on the roof of a home in Washington DC.

The African American murderer did not take any of Aryeh’s belongings, which proves the motive was not robbery.

Avery Miler was caught on tape holding the weapon, fleeing the scene. Yet it took the police over a week to identify him. It’s been many weeks since the murder took place, yet this is the first lead the police have had, and it came from a civilian tip.

As reported by VINnews